European Conference on Research and Advanced Technology for Digital Libraries
Towards the European Digital Library
ECDL2008, the 12th conference in the series of European Digital Library conferences, was held in Aarhus (Denmark) from September 14 to September 19, 2008.
ECDL has become the major European conference on digital libraries and associated technical, practical, and social issues, bringing together researchers, developers, content providers, and users in the field.
Next year's European Conference of Digital Libraries will be held at the Greek island Corfu, please visit the ECDL2009 website for further information.
The content of ECDL2008 focused on research and development supporting information access and exploration from a technology perspective as well as in different application domains such as science, e-government, cultural heritage, etc.
Topics of contributions included:
- Concepts of Digital Libraries and digital content
- Collection building, management and integration
- System architectures, integration and interoperability
- Information organisation, search and usage
- Multilingual information access and multimedia content management
- User interfaces for digital libraries
- User studies and system evaluation
- Digital archiving and preservation: methodological, technical and legal issues
- Digital Library applications in e-science, e-learning, e-government, cultural heritage, etc.
- Web 2.0 and associated technologies
Contributions consisted of peer reviewed papers, posters, tutorials, and workshops: